Cichlids of Victoria

CichlidsofVictoria.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Victorian species
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 am
  Arrange Blocks Arrange Blocks

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Registered users: Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 1 of 1      [ 4 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
 Post subject: Breeders show us your tank shots!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:51 am 
Veteran Member

So here is the concept. Show us a full tank shot of your Victorian Breeder setup, and then perhaps some shots of their favorite spawn site, or even better a/some videos of their behavior around spawn time. The idea is to help others with the same species as you improve their breeding success. This was going to be a specific topic for the Euro breeders, but I think any Victorians should be included to make it more inclusive for all members, plus we are here to learn about all Victorians after all. This doesn't have to be about pretty photos, and it may even be useful to draw on the photo's sorta like football plays but illustrating chase patterns or whatever seems interesting when video is not available. My goal is to try and make this scientific observation more than showing off setups, so weather it's bare tanks, pvc tubing, rocks, planted, or all of the above, it's all welcome as log as it is a breeding setup. Also please include any useful information/observations which can include the breeding pair but also interaction of other fish during, leading up to or after spawns. Water temps, PH, lighting, food etc, is all useful information as well, but try to keep facts brief and to the point.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:51 am
Gender place holder
 Post subject: Re: Breeders show us your tank shots!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:59 pm 

i will try to get some this week. i hate to give up all my secrets though.... haha if it works it works.

Looking for hard to find supplies, check us out on the web.
www.ftffacoop.com

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:59 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:21 pm 
Associate Admin

I need a little time to get some pictures.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!"
Thomas Jefferson.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:21 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 am 
Veteran Member

Yeah, no rush and only give up the secrets that you want to. I just think that the behaviour of these fish is largely undocumented, and with HD video recording being available pretty much in a box of cereal these days I think we owe it to these little fish to document thier behavior, and help eachother keep them going strong. Off topic, but I am going to do my best to start exploring which Vics came into Japan during the late 90's, and see if I can't track any down. As I mentioned in a previous post a fish shop near my work which is run by an older man and his elderly mother (original owner) which has been in business 40+ years apparently had quite a few vics in their store during this time period. Maybe some nice suprises await ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 am
Gender place holder
Page 1 of 1      [ 4 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
Post a new topic Post a reply