Cichlids of Victoria

CichlidsofVictoria.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Victorian species
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:28 am
  Arrange Blocks Arrange Blocks

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 1 of 2      [ 27 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
 Post subject: Post office
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 am 

well some of you know that i had a bad experience with the post office this week. I sent out 2 boxes, 1 to cali and 1 to MO. Both got crushed and ended up at dead mail centers. I have shipped out a bunch of boxes over the years and never had this happen before.

it really sucks, i hate loosing fish during shipment from my fault, but this is just plain infuriating. insurance covers some of it but still, some very nice breeders were lost. these guys were 1.5 year old vics. it sucks.

i just hope that UPS or FedEx buy out the post office and make it work better.this is just pitiful.

Looking for hard to find supplies, check us out on the web.
www.ftffacoop.com

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 am
Gender place holder
 Post subject: Re: Post office
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 am 
Website Creation Team Site Moderator

dre_day wrote:
well some of you know that i had a bad experience with the post office this week. I sent out 2 boxes, 1 to cali and 1 to MO. Both got crushed and ended up at dead mail centers.

Same here. I sent 21 alluaudi to Troy by USPS Express a couple weeks ago and something like only 4 survived. Two breather bags broken, the box was beaten up and the heat pack I thought was adequately taped to the top of the styro ended up in the bottom rather than the top. The promised next day delivery almost never happens anymore. Unfortunately, Fed-X refuses to ship my fish.

Kevin

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am 

do you have an account with fedex?

when i set up an account for fedex we had to have the rep come out and inspect the "facility". we also had to ship a test box to their facility for testing. once everything passed we were set up to ship fish. other than that it was fine.

SW airlines did something similar, inspection of the facility. i am just going to use UPS 2day air. it cost about the same as express but i know where it is and when it will be there guaranteed. although it can still be destroyed during shipping.

www.ftffacoop.com

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 pm 

Yes USPS NEXT DAY is a lie don't delivery at time
the money will be replace (no 100%) but no the fish ... sucks !!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm 
Associate Admin

I have used USPS over the last 8 years. I had a couple of problems in the winter time, but it always had been better than UPS or Fed Ex. This really sucks that this is happening. I don't have the option of using the airlines, we don't have South West here in the Fresno area. I have used UPS and Fed Ex in the past but they cost twice as much as USPS. I will start looking in to UPS 2nd day air.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!"
Thomas Jefferson.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 pm 

i just have been using southwest its been the only place that i havnt had any problems with

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:34 am 

I guess it is just bad luck on my part. I will have to use a bigger box next time and add some more stuffing to it for protection. That way it will absorb more impact and the bags wont leak.

live and learn i guess.

www.ftffacoop.com

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:34 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 am 
Veteran Member

I actually prefer USPS.

A bit of the problem lately though is that congress made a bit of poison pill legislation that passed about 5 years ago, which requires the Post Office to prefund 75 years worth of employee health benefits in a 10 year period. They are the sole government agency that must achieve this. So it has forced allot of corner cutting on the Post Offices part unfortunately. The sole purpose of the act is to break up the largest government union.

The more you know :wink:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am 
My local PO swapped out my super postlady for a much dumber (presumably cheaper) model last year. The guy is just awful.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am

Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm 

Can't be worse than the one I'm stuck with! My neighbors and I have logged dozens of complaints against her, and the local PostMaster even told me he'd had it with her and would fire her, but she's still here losing my mail and leaving boxes in the rain.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:50 am 
Dedicated Member

BS Austerity games caused by tax laws that favor the 1%.... Free trade is a myth, THESE DAYS the thumb is always on the scale for the elite to not incur liability or pay their fair share to have a civil society.
Me wrote:
I actually prefer USPS.

A bit of the problem lately though is that congress made a bit of poison pill legislation that passed about 5 years ago, which requires the Post Office to prefund 75 years worth of employee health benefits in a 10 year period. They are the sole government agency that must achieve this. So it has forced allot of corner cutting on the Post Offices part unfortunately. The sole purpose of the act is to break up the largest government union.

The more you know :wink:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:50 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm 
Associate Admin

teknikAL don't even go there. The lower 49% of Americans don't even have to pay Federal income tax's. ******** most of them get more back than they pay in with earn income credit. If the Government is going to raise tax's rich, why not all of us. We also need to stop giving people earn income credit. All people need skin in the game if they want to play.

Thomas Jefferson.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 am 
Dedicated Member

Jim,
I find that the argument vilifying the poor, especially the working poor, who were it not for the EIC would be in much harder straights, in bad taste. You have to have earned income, WORK, to claim EIC. To say those workers do not have skin in the game is just your misinformation.
I reckon you like the times before workers had collective bargaining rights as well.... so two centuries ago, when the lifespan of workers, the vast majority of our country, was much shorter and more agonizing, childhood death rates soared. The good old days.

If the top earners garner 90 plus percent of the wealth, why shouldn't they shoulder 90 plus percent of the tax burden? Should not those that benefit most from our society pay proportionally more into the tax system than those that earn less?
Then there is the international corporate class, whom if we taxed and treated as we do live natural born citizens, well, we would not be having the conversation above about how the Gov spend tax revenues. The way I see it, outside of the obscene Military/Pentagon/CIA budget and it's permanent state of missing money, unaccountability, and international (and national) manipulation for benefit of these international corporate citizens, mostly not U.S. live natural born citizens, the top expenditures of tax revenues are subsidies for industries that take the majority of their profits out of the country; which by the way, was the only monies that our founders wrote in their documents to tax.

I will agree that the tax system is messed up, but we are at a time where taxes will never go away. I would say the vast majority of waste and fraud comes at the spending tax revenues for the top end earners and not at spent on bottom end earners by several factors of 100. There are plenty of studies that back that statement up.

Jim, I don't ever think we will ever agree on this and should concentrate on fish instead.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 pm 
Associate Admin

teknikAL wrote:
Jim,

Jim, I don't ever think we will ever agree on this and should concentrate on fish instead.

I agree, don't bring it up again. :D

Just for your info I was raised working in the fields shopping cotton, picking grapes, and picking tomatoes. I know what it's like to sweet your ass off in 100+ degrees weather for minimal wage. I know what it's like to be POOR. It pushed me to do better in my life and not set on my ass waiting for someone to give me something. Now people want to take it away from me. I will not set on my ass and let happen.

teknikAL you know I have nothing but love for you.

For everyone else on the forum teknikAL and I are friends. We just disagree on politics and it shows up on the forum about once a year. If teknikAL want some fish from me I would send it to him tomorrow.

Thomas Jefferson.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:02 am 
I'll agree with anything you say for some of your fish, Jim, lol.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:02 am

Gender place holder
Page 1 of 2      [ 27 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
Post a new topic Post a reply