Cichlids of Victoria

CichlidsofVictoria.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Victorian species
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 am
  Arrange Blocks Arrange Blocks

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 2 of 2      [ 23 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
 Post subject: Re: Haplochromis sp. 35 aka Tomato VERY RARE
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 am 

this is a funny post i actually first got these fish in like 2001-2003 i believe i got them in from either thomas utt you got them from old world or i got them in on a group order?I am from mich and then they sold like crazy i sold bunches in mount pleasant mi and then sold my original breeders to shaun in caro mi then the oyers got ahold of the strain i now have a group again but the price has really fallen in the beginning i use to get around 25-30 for colored males to major fish stores in the area. But they are awesome fish and still have the same color of my original group. i bought them under that name tomato sp 35.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 am 
Associate Admin

It's good the hobbyist are keeping these around. We have lost so many in the past. I'm still looking for the Ugandan Blue Paralabidochromis sauvagei. :evil:

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!"
Thomas Jefferson.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 am 

Big Jim wrote:
It's good the hobbyist are keeping these around. We have lost so many in the past. I'm still looking for the Ugandan Blue Paralabidochromis sauvagei. :evil:

Arent we all. LOL. Been interested in those since i first started getting vics years ago. They will sell like hotcakes if they are ever found again thats for sure.

Mike

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 am 

staples2485 wrote:
this is a funny post i actually first got these fish in like 2001-2003 i believe i got them in from either thomas utt you got them from old world or i got them in on a group order?I am from mich and then they sold like crazy i sold bunches in mount pleasant mi and then sold my original breeders to shaun in caro mi then the oyers got ahold of the strain i now have a group again but the price has really fallen in the beginning i use to get around 25-30 for colored males to major fish stores in the area. But they are awesome fish and still have the same color of my original group. i bought them under that name tomato sp 35.

I had also sold off my original breeders several years ago after getting my originals from Tom. You probably got them on a group order from someone in the GCCA if I remember correctly, and those would have came from Old World. These I have now were purchased from Shaun in Caro about a year ago so I've got fry from your breeders! ;-) Small world. And fantastic to see that they are still breeding true. I've got a female holding now.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:34 pm 

staples2485 wrote:

funny thing mine are from that group even though i was told that they were not what i said they were.i could only track it back to a few people in mi.thanks for filling in the rest

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:34 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 pm 

is thomas utt still around?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 pm 
Dedicated Member

The name comes up... from West Olive, MI?...

Last edited by teknikAL on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:12 am 
Website Creation Team Site Moderator

staples2485 wrote:
is thomas utt still around?

I haven't heard anything about him for a couple years. When he had the Hap sp "tomato" for sale he claimed that he was unsure of the identification and it was "under investigation" or something like that. I believe that he was from somewhere in south western Michigan. He actually had the Lithochromis rufus and the blue rock kribensis many years ago.

Kevin

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:12 am
Gender place holder
Page 2 of 2      [ 23 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
Post a new topic Post a reply