Cichlids of Victoria

CichlidsofVictoria.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Victorian species
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm
  Arrange Blocks Arrange Blocks

Navigator
Online Users

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 1 of 1      [ 8 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
 Post subject: Fish Shoip in Japan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 am 
Veteran Member

We stumbled upon this shop in Shijuku station a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it just opened. Quite a few pics, so be patient. Tempted to get me one of them there Beta. Can anyone spot the Cichlid?

By a1africancichlid at 2011-07-22
By A1AfricanCichlid at 2011-07-22

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 am
Gender place holder
 Post subject: Re: Fish Shoip in Japan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:01 am 

very nice.

that was the one thing that really impressed me in japan, the stations. each major station has like 3 malls in it with slews of places to eat. it is really quite amazing to see.

in kyoto station they have an 8 story mall in the main building with the top 2 floors all restaurants. Then if you go down to the subway level there is another mall that stretches down about 3 blocks with its own set of shops and restaurants. Then you go across the street to the Yodobashi (like macys on crack) which is a 7 story tall department store, again with places to eat on top.

i cant wait to go back to japan man. i really loved it.

Looking for hard to find supplies, check us out on the web.
www.ftffacoop.com

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:01 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 am 
Veteran Member

Yeah, there is a Yodobashi in Akihabara which we went to this same day. It is something like 7 stories as well. Just going up the escalators is quite a trip. I have some video of that actually, but it may be awhile before I upload it. The Malls in the stations are definitely very unique, and sometimes huge as you mentioned, Shinjuku station is so huge that even my wife got a bit lost. That fish store has one tank pretty far away from the actual shop, up some stairs in the station, just for promotion. Below is that tank, and a picture of the puffers which share the corral tank I posted.
By a1africancichlid at 2011-07-23

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 am 

Very awesome pics!
Whoever put the puffer in with the soft corals should be slapped, they are ravenous coral eaters :shock: (sorry doing lots of learning on salt now, working on setting up a reef tank!)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 am
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm 
Veteran Member

Fern wrote:
Whoever put the puffer in with the soft corals should be slapped, they are ravenous coral eaters :shock:

LOL, well I am just guessing, but that may be why they did it, this shop seemed really keen on creating somewhat realistic bio-types for their fish. I wasn't really thinking about the corral diet of the puffers, but I did notice the blue corral was absolutely perfect, so either the puffers are snacking on the little corals in the back, or being very well fed.

I was expecting some comments on the Betta's from you Fern ;) Cool to hear you're gonna be getting into saltwater. I tried it once on a small scale, and was very successful till everyone died :oops:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm 

Very nice place thanks for sharing

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm 

Everything I have seen on puffers 'reef compatible: no" not even a maybe just a blatant no, Those look to be mushrooms up front and either palys or zoas in the back, still learning. Ya I will be going large 55g tank with 55g sump/refugium, already bought the salt and insanely expensive light so I really am gonna do it this time :shock: would have gone with a 75g but it wouldn't fit in the only vacant spot in the house (front door), well not vacant have to move 2 10g tanks :wink:
The only 'nice' betta there is the pastel pinkish one, be quite some time before I go gaga over bettas again, still getting over the loss of purkle....

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 am 
Veteran Member

I tried to make it back to this shop the other day, but the labarynth of Shinjuku station kept it hidden since we were coming from a different direction this time. I am curious to see if the coral survived. As for the Beta, I may have to post some more pics just to show you some of the others were a bit more colorful than the pics showed. The pale one simply was easier to capture. I really like the almost copper red one, and that red one in action had allot of blue on it as well.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 am
Gender place holder
Page 1 of 1      [ 8 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page    
Post a new topic Post a reply