Cichlids of Victoria

CichlidsofVictoria.com is dedicated to the discussion and husbandry of African Cichlids especially the Victorian species
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 am
  Arrange Blocks Arrange Blocks

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Registered users: Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

This banner is placed in support of my children and their band "Half8n"
May all their hopes and dreams come true.
Help me out! Just click play, Really its 10 minutes of your life... Can you think of 10 minutes you have wasted doing even less?

Stop by and check out their website at http://www.half8n.com
Thank you, Allen
Post a new topic Post a reply 
Page 2 of 2      [ 18 posts ] Next topic { BOTTOM } Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Washington State
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:11 pm 

Ohhhh....sweet. I absolutely love these guys Jim. I have another tank....a 90 gallon that is also a project tank. We were going to wait to stock it until we had built a new stand but I'll have to see where we are at in September as I am very interested in these guys and think they are absolutely beautiful. I was also considering another Malawi species for that tank so now I'll have to make a decision as to what I want to do.

Thanks for letting me know Jim.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:11 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 pm 

Welcome to the forum, I got a group of Jim's Neochromis rufocaudalis Saa Nane back in Feb. early March, Highly recommend them, stunning fish, all arrived in excellent shape and no losses to date, growing like weeds

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 pm
Gender place holder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm 

Big Jim wrote:
Neochromis rufocaudalis Saa Nane are not hard to come by, it's just to hot for me to ship any. I have two people I have to take care of first but I have over 60 fry growing out. I'm hoping it cools down next week, but it's not looking like it's going too. I might have to wait tell September to start shipping again.

Hi all...just an update for everyone...I have my 1st batch of Paralabidochromis chromogynos in now and have placed them in my 125G tank. I have a few more coming this week so hopefully these guys will fill out my big tank and be happy and healthy there. I already love them. They actually school in the tank when I come near, swimming from one side to the other together (I'm sure its a hunger thing :lol: but I really enjoy seeing them all in a group). I've had the original group from my 1st order for 3 weeks now and everyone seems to be doing great. 2nd group coming in this week so my tank should be full of these guys shortly. I can't wait to see it myself.

Here's a short video showing my newbies in their new home
[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/2K04axzbHQQ[/BBvideo]
http://youtu.be/2K04axzbHQQ

And Jim...just checking in on the Neochromis rufocaudalis Saa Nane. My husband is still a long ways from getting that 90G ready (as I've had him on other projects...we just changed up two tanks to sand from gravel) but I'm thinking maybe I'll get one of those $1 a gallon 55's and set up for these guys. I would greatly appreciate either you post here or a private reply regarding availability of these little guys as I truly do think they are one of my favorite fish. Thanks Jim.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend :!:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm
Gender place holder
Page 2 of 2      [ 18 posts ] Next topic Top Who posted Bookmark topic Previous topic
Go to page  1, 2  
Post a new topic Post a reply